Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Revelation!

This morning, when I woke up (far too early) and looked around in disgust at my pig sty of a bedroom something occurred to me: The cleanliness of my room is directly related to my sense of mental clarity.

As I mentioned, lately my life has been "up in airs". I am struggling with what I want to do with myself, and how I should best spend my summer. Long term planning is one of my weaknesses, and try as I may I cannot figure out what direction I want to take my life in. It is extremely stressful and confusing and as I preoccupy myself with musings of this nature, little room is left for any or all thoughts of organizing, tidying, cleaning or otherwise improving the state of my current war-zone of a bedroom.

Last month I had a much clearer picture of what was happening. It was short-term perhaps, but I had the foreseeable months planned out to some degree. My room was spotless. Everything was in its place, my bed was made, clothes were away, shelves were organized, I even did some closet-pruning.

Now that some of these plans have been realized (and others, unfortunately, have dissolved) my room - as my sense of self-assurance and forward motion - have fallen into disarray.

Behaviour has been observed - now must work on reconditioning to procure more satisfying results... Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment