Sunday, September 6, 2009

I think Sunday is my favourite day of the week..

Today was a perfect fall day. The sun was bright and warm, the air was crisp, there was a slight breeze - just enough to russle half-green leaves on trees - the kind of weather that calls for deep breaths and thoughts of new possibilities.

I took advantage of this wonderful day: took my faithful dog for a long walk at PPP, then I met my grandparents and godmother for lunch on the boardwalk (vegetable gyoza followed by sirloin steak sandwich with oriental house salad accompanied by a Stutz apple cider - divine), went for a drive, did [yesterdays] crossword on the back porch while listening to Amelia Curran, dinner, and now amazing Mediteranean lemon yoghurt for dessert.

Oh, and I also encountered one of my favourite things about a Haligonian September, which I am shocked I neglected to mention the other day: cute college boys. Yes folks, the universities are back in session, the students are back in town and the cute boy quotient has increased exponentially. Talk about bliss...

No comments:

Post a Comment