Thursday, September 3, 2009

So two friends of mine are getting married this weekend. Well, they're not so much "friends" anymore as they are just people I've known since I was 10 years old. I'm not going to the wedding. Both my mother and I were invited, as my mom is good friends with the bride's mother. Mother is going, but I couldn't justify the trip (the wedding is in Ontario).

ANYHOW my point is that this morning I wrote a card for the happy couple. And it was corny. We (mother and I) couldn't figure out what to say so I ended up writing


Live well. Laugh often. Love much.
Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
Congratulations!

Lame-o!

When my sister left for Mexico, I wrote her a much better note, which included not Emerson, but a quote from Nehru which said

“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” - Jawaharial Nehru

I found it in this article and I think that it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment