Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dasvidanya

So in an effort to be more "in the know" I woke up this morning and began perusing online news sites. I am going to try and do this as often as I can, because not only do I get to learn about current global events, but also discover fun tidbits like this:

Google Russia creates virtual tour of Trans-Siberian railway journey
Famous route spans six days in real time with tour guides, geotagged satellite views and choice of background noise

I think this is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I've always secretly wanted to go to Russia / take the Trans-Siberian and now I can do it from the comfort of my own home! (A slightly less thrilling adventure, I'll admit however considerably more economical)

Check out this clip:


Or read the full article here.

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for AM News sites here's one not to be missed....espcially living in TO:

    spacing.ca/wire

    ReplyDelete