Friday, February 12, 2010

Have a look at some of the photos from the World Press Photo Awards. They are phenomenal. I wonder if the photographers are always aware of the poignancy of the images they are capturing or if there is an element of chance involved. Well there is no doubt a degree of skill involved in capturing images such as these, I really hope that there are moments when the photographer scans over his films (or rather the icons on his digital camera) sees a shot such as number 18 and beams with the knowledge that he has coincidentally frozen a truly original and amazing moment for the rest of the world to experience.

I really want to start taking more photos. I'm about to head out into the glorious afternoon sunshine for a stroll, maybe I'll take my handy dandy Canon Elph with me...

Seriously though, look at these photos

No comments:

Post a Comment