Monday, February 22, 2010

Today was a positively magnificent day. The sun shone from sunrise to sunset (the later of which wasn't until after 6pm!) The temperature was 5 degrees above centigrade, birds were chirping, the sky was blue and a vernal energy seemed to pulse through everything and everyone. Upon rising my mood instantly lifted from the lethargic gray tones of days past and quickened to a sunny pace in keeping with the weather. I wore no wool socks or winter boots, replaced my winter coat with a wool blazer, left the hat at home and took to the sidewalks excited and invigorated by the sun and the promise of warm weather.

I went for a walk. A long walk. From Glen Stewart Ravine Park through the Beaches along the boardwalk and home. I stepped in mud and patted dogs as joyous as I was to be outside. I sat on a bench and stared at the ocean while eating a juicy red apple and listening to passersby.

Tonight I went to a concert. I heard two enviable and talented women sing beautiful songs with a brilliant band. I marveled at visual displays and gleefully squinted at bright, colourful lights.

Not once today did I lament that I 'should' be doing something else or 'wish' that I could be somewhere else. I was present. I was content.

Spring is coming and I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment