Wednesday, October 6, 2010

“Falling in love is not as simple as it seems, but it is very quick," The
Independent reports. “Those intense overpowering feelings of being truly, madly,
deeply in love are the result of complex and rapid brain activity. Being in love
… is a pretty complicated affair. According to new research, it’s not a basic
emotion, as some thought, but a highly complex and businesslike process
involving 12 areas of the brain working together to produce and sustain that
magic moment. And researchers have discovered that the first brain activity
specific to love starts within one-fifth of a second of being smitten."


This is what the Globe and Mail shared with me the other day. I sent the tidbit to myself because I found it kind of nice to know that life and love is complicated, not just in a confusing, "my life is so hard" kind of way, but scientifically, physiologically complicated.

My inner Romantic also warms to the notion that 'Love at First Sight' actually kind of does exist - 1/5 of a second is not a long time folks.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm interesting. I'd like to read the whole article. I don't believe in love at first sight, but definitely lust/attraction.

    ReplyDelete