Monday, December 27, 2010

Ahh the holidays. I hope that you have been enjoying yours as emensley as I have been enjoying mine. Since arriving home in Halifax I have..

..eaten Lobster twice. (!!)
..spent what might be considered an embarassing amount of time hanging out with my dog Toby
..eaten turkey dinner to the point where I needed to lay down...twice.
..watched 4 movies - two in theatres, two on tv (The King's Speech is a must see, and I will never get tired of watching The Sound of Music)
..had a marathon baking session with Sophia - the best niece ever in the whole world
..drunk copious glasses (bottles?!) of wine
..had the time to sit and read 2 magazines cover to cover AND do at least 4 crossword puzzles (I'm currently working on the giant Globe and Mail crossword - it's slow going)

I've also managed to take a couple moments to reflect on how lucky I am at this time of year. I am fortunate to be surrounded by those I love, and to have a roof over my head and food on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment