Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So I signed on hours ago to write what would likely have been a lengthly, quasi non-sensical entry about my day, or my life, or both.

Then I got distracted.

Now I'm sitting in my bed, finishing off last night's apple crisp, struggling to stay awake and so instead you are stuck with this measley musing:



Today I got a manicure. I felt pampered and they looked lovely. I say looked because I had to go directly from esthetician back to work where I may have smudged the tip of one or two (aargh!) but all in all my nails look right purdy. Oh, and the colour may be my new favourite neutral: a darkish yet subtle taupy grey tone entitled You Don't Know Jacques. It's from OPI's "Collection de France" and the name is amazing. I'm sorry, but being the person who's job it is to come up with names like "Monsooner or Later" or "Miami Beet" (both of which are fab toe or summer-fun colours) or "I'm Not Really a Waitress" (which is just plain glorious, regardless of what the colour is) would be pretty darn fun, if you ask me. That or being the person who names crayon colours. When I was a kid I used to think that was the coolest of dream jobs.

I'm distracted again... and rambling about nail polish. Sorry.

Suffice it to say that I have been awake for 21 of the past 24 hours, I am leaving the day after tomorrow for Toronto for what is currently an indefinite period of time and I have not begun to prepare, one of my best friends just got engaged (!!) and the other is apparently very upset with me (??). Oh, and remember the boy I mentioned on the sly? I went to visit him about a week ago and I think something went awry but I don't know what.


Tomorrow will be better. ...or at the very least the day after that..



So to make up for all of this rambling, here's a photo I found on a new-to-me site called Photography Served. It's from a gallery entitled 'Nightscapes'. Very cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment