Monday, March 15, 2010

What will I ever do with my life??!!

Tonight I'm going out for a beer with friend of the family to discuss "my career". Remember the interview I had a while back? Well nothing came of it. All that stress was for naught.

So last week I met Mr. Banker for a coffee to discuss the possibility of me working in "the Finance Industry". He's super nice, and we had a great chat. I'm going to meet him and his wife (also a bank employee) for a post-work beer and continue a conversation about life in the finance world.

He suggested that in the meantime I think about other industries I would like to work in; which is a hilariously difficult request for me. My whole problem and the root of much of my stress is that I have not a clue what I'd like to do, or which career path I should choose.

So over lunch I took an online quiz to tell me which jobs best suit me (okay, so I took 2 quizzes..)

Quiz #1 says my ideal jobs are:
artist
historian
banker
novelist
university professor
photographer
veterinarian
paralegal
graphic designer
online content developer
webmaster
producer
managing director
nutritionist
advertising
nursing
Quiz #2 suggests these as suitable career choices:
editor
journalist
teacher
strategic planner
consultant
performing arts
marketing
communication
research and development

Interesting. Some overlap. 'Banker' is represented, but other than that no jobs that I believe Mr. & Mrs Banker can really assist in. Almost all of these require (in my view) further schooling. Helpful? Kind of, but not really. Huh.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried taking a Myers Briggs test they are surprisingly accurate

    http://similarminds.com/jung.html

    love, Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the Myers Briggs test for sure.

    And my advice: Forget editor and journalist and stick with banker. To put that another way. Journalist = $0. Banker = $$$$$. and $$$ = easier to find happiness in a hot fabulous climate and live in the style to which you plan to grow accustomed. :)

    ReplyDelete